Among a package of exciting initiatives announced yesterday at the TABtouch Inter Dominion Launch at Gloucester Park, Western Australia, were details of the 2016 Australasian Young Drivers Championship.
Ten drivers from across Australasia, including four from New Zealand and one from each of the six Australian harness racing States, will compete in a series of ten races across six meetings in Perth.
The contest to be crowned the Australasian Champion will begin on the 2nd December 2016 and, in a terrific boost for the Series, culminate on TABtouch Inter Dominion Grand Final night at Gloucester Park on 9th December.
The ten representative drivers selected to compete are:
• Robbie Close – Defending Champion (NZ)
• Stuart McDonald – Western Australia
• Todd McCarthy – New South Wales
• Jason Lee – Victoria
• Jayson Finnis – South Australia
• Wade Rattray – Tasmania
• Nathan Dawson – Queensland
• Brad Williamson – South Island (NZ)
• Kyle Marshall – North Island (NZ)
• Matt Anderson – New Zealand
The ten race series program is:
2nd December – 1 x Heat at Gloucester Park
3rd December – 2 x Heats at Bunbury
5th December – 2 x Heats at Pinjarra
6th December – 2 x Heats at Northam
8th December – 2 x Heats at Narrogin
9th December – 1 x Heat at Gloucester Park (TABtouch Inter Dominion Grand Final night)